Salazar Law Frequently Asked
If I have an auto accident, what should I do at the accident
- Don't go anywhere. Stay Put.
- Call the police or send a witness to call.
- Render first aid to other victims if you are qualified
to do so. Do not move any person unless not doing so directly
endangers their life.
- Do not move vehicles unless they are obstructing further
traffic. If you have to move them, move them as little as
- Do not make statements to anybody at the accident scene,
except for the police. Be very careful what you say. Do
not falsely admit responsibility.
- If you are hurt in any way even if it seems insignificant
seek medical treatment at the scene.
- Gather information. Get the names, addresses, and phone
numbers of all passengers, witnesses, and the driver. Get
the license number and insurance company name and policy
number from the driver and owner.
- If your car must be towed, get the name and license number
of the driver, and the name, address, phone number, and
registration number of the towing company. Also, find out
how much the towing will cost.